Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up


*le sigh* It was a busy weekend. As for the "eating clean" ... well, let's just say I did the best I could considering I was out on the town and staying with a good friend... who loves to feed his guests... and he apparently loves to get up at 5 in the morning to take unbaked croissants out of the freezer so they'll rise by the time the guests get up so we can all have freshly baked pastries with our excellent coffee in the morning. In cases such as this manners take a front seat to personal food needs ;0

I did, however, manage to have only a couple of drinks the entire weekend despite being at a practice Friday night that ended in the curling club lounge, a derby bout Saturday night and an anniversary with my sweetie.

As for other food... hmmm... Saturday we went to a Chinese Won Ton place for lunch--shared a bowl of won ton and prawns with broccoli and rice--it was still pretty fat-laden... after the bout we went for sushi...

Sunday, after the crossant and coffee I visited Costco before heading to the ferry home... got a jar of organic almond butter and some Cliff Bars--one of which I had while waiting for the ferry--which was pretty much lunch.

This, to me, is the heart of Costco...
As I missed my anniversary with my sweetie on Saturday to ref at the TCRG bout in Vancouver, we went out for dinner on Sunday evening to Molly's Reach... I had a totally not clean eating approved lamb burger with half salad and half fries... also had a glass of wine.

Monday I was back on track with my usual breakfast... grilled cheese sandwich for lunch (not so bad on multi-grain bread in a non-stick pan) although regular cheese has a fair amount of fat.

Dinner was steamed wild rock fish (in a steamer pot with a little lemon, soy, chives and honey) with brown rice and steamed carrots and broccoli...

No comments: